On the Currencies page, you can create, configure, and manage your game's Currencies:
- You can use Currencies:
- To assign costs to your Virtual Goods - cost a Virtual Good for one or more Currencies.
- To award player Achievements - set multi-currency awards for players when they gain an Achievement.
- When you create a new Currency for your game, you can set sign-up bonuses for each Currency - any new player who registers on your game is automatically credited with the sign-up Currency amounts.
- You can access Currencies programmatically via Cloud Code for all game management purposes.
Default Game Currencies? The Currencies you add here supplement any default game Currencies you’ve enabled in Game>Edit from the Game Overview page.
Tutorials? For tutorials on how to work with Currencies when setting up Virtual Goods and Achievements for your game, see here.
Managing Currencies Configurations
The Configurator>Currencies page displays a list of your game's Currencies:
You can use the following options (highlighted above):
- Add - Add a new Currency.
- - Edit a Currency.
- - Delete a Currency:
Note: You cannot delete a Currency that you've used to price a Virtual Good or used for an Achievement award.
Creating Currency Configurations
Click to Add a new Currency. The Add Currency page opens:
- Short Code - A mandatory field used to give the Currency a unique identifier for use elsewhere in the Portal and in Cloud Code.
- Name - A mandatory field used as an identifier to help you find the Currency in the Portal.
- Description - A mandatory field, which you can use to describe the Currency.
- Sign-up Bonus - The amount of this Currency awarded to each new player who registers for the game.
Segmenting Currencies? You can segment your game Currencies for alternative Sign-up Bonus amounts. See Segments.