This section of the Configurator allows you to upload and manage binary data - for example, content such as new levels. You just need to upload the file and assign it a Short Code. When you've added a binary object in this way, you can then access it from within Cloud Code and do whatever you want with it - for example distribute it to certain players under certain conditions.
Note: The platform also supports the uploading of binary content directly from your game using the API, which allows player-created content, such as photos or custom levels, to be uploaded and stored.
FAQs? You can review Frequently Asked Questions about working with Downloadables.
The Configurator > Downloadables page displays the list of Downloadables:
You can use the following options (highlighted above):
- Add - Add a new Downloadable.
- - Amend Downloadable.
- - Delete Downloadable.
- - Download Downloadable.
Creating New Downloadable Content
1. Click Add to create a new piece of Downloadable content:
2. Next enter a Short Code and then click Browse to select the downloadable file.
3. Click to Save and Close:
- When the upload completes, you are taken back to the Downloadables page and the new Downloadable is listed.
- An Upload button appears at the top of the page and you can click this to view upload progress.
4. When you have created several Downloadables, you can click the Uploading button and review and remove your completed Uploads:
The GetDownloadableRequest returns a secure, time sensitive URL to allow the game to download a piece of downloadable content stored in the GameSparks platform.
Accessing the Downloadable from Cloud Code
Both XML and JSON Downloadables can be accessed from Cloud Code via the SparkFiles object.