The Teams functionality on the GameSparks platform allows you to define different team types for grouping players:
- Team Types. You can create a number of different Team Types with different rules and these rules are respected when using the team-based API Methods:
- Once you have Teams in place, you can use them for all social requests as well as for team-based Leaderboards (where there is an entry for each Team, rather than an entry for each player).
- Team instances can be created by your players and will comply with your Team Type configuration settings. A tutorial on how to set up teams for chat is available here.
- Team Achievements. A Team can earn Achievements in the same way that a player can. When a Team earns an Achievement, each Team member without the Achievement is given the award defined against it.
FAQs? You can review Frequently Asked Questions about creating and managing your Teams.
Tutorials? For more details on how to set up Teams for your games, see the tutorials on Teams in the Social Features section.
Managing your Team Types
The Teams page lists the team types you have configured in the platform. You can use the following options (highlighted above):
- Add - Add a new Team.
- - Edit Team.
- - Delete Team.
Creating a Team Type Configuration
Click to Add a new Team Type. The page adjusts:
Enter the details for your new Team type:
- Short Code - Short Code for the Team, to be used by API methods. Short Codes are always unique.
- Name - Name of the Team (used within the portal only for identification).
- Social - If enabled, this means every member of a team of this type is regarded as a friend of the owner.
- Extended Social - If enabled, this means that all team members are regarded as friends with each other.
- Max Members - Maximum number of players that can be in this Team Type.
- Max Membership Per User - Maximum number of this Team Type a player can be in (set to 0 for unbounded).
- Max Ownership Per User - The maximum number of this Team Type a player can own:
- If you select 1 (Mandatory) for this, every player will have a team of this type created for them. The team is created for a player when a GetTeamRequest is submitted to the platform for the player.