GameSparks Real-Time Services for Multiplayer Contexts
Our real-time services provide a network communication layer with the capability to send and receive data in real-time:
Designed for Multiplayer Contexts. Carefully designed to support multiplayer networked games where player and game-data should be sent and received as quickly as possible.
Host Server Support for Player vs. Player (PvP) Model. We use a PvP model for our network programming. However, we use a host server to relay communications between players and deliver important benefits:
- Supports a higher number of players than traditional PvP models.
- Gives you the option to host games in the regions of your choice to reduce latency issues.
Lightweight and Flexible SDK. A very lightweight SDK gives you, the developer, tight control over what is sent and received:
- The Real-Time SDK is dependent on the base GameSparks SDK but works differently to it because it allows you to manage packets for Real-Time multiplayer:
- Wide flexibility on what data you send and how you wish to send the data.
- Data packets can be kept as small as possible making transmission much more efficient.
- Currently the Real-Time SDK is only packaged with the following SDKs:
GameSparks Real-Time Server Designed specifically for real-time games:
- Low latency socket server supporting high throughput and low transmission sizes.
Real-Time Tutorials. For more details on how to work with GameSparks real-time services, you can follow the tutorials here.