Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is happening with GameSparks?
On July 22, 2021, we informed you that you have until September 30, 2022 to transition your games to new services. We have disabled creation of new accounts and publishing of new games to the Live Stage on GameSparks. Games published to the Live stage before March 31, 2022 can continue to publish new Live snapshots until September 30, 2022. From September 30, 2022 onwards, you won’t be able to login to GameSparks and access any data or APIs. If you plan to transition your games new services or export your game data, please make plans to do so well in advance of this date.
2. What resources are available to help games transition away from GameSparks?
There are three main resources available to help you transition your games.
- AWS consulting partners: If you are interested in consultation support from an AWS partner with experience in transitioning games to solutions leveraging AWS, please fill out this AWS form, and an AWS representative will contact you with next steps.
- Self-service transition documentation: We have compiled a library of documentation to help you transition your games on your own to solutions leveraging AWS. You may access this documentation on the GameSparks website.
- Data export API: We have built a data export API to help you extract your data in bulk. You can find the documentation to this API here.
If you have any further questions or would like to discuss your transition options with our team, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
3. Are there any solutions similar to GameSparks that I can use today?
You can learn more about solutions similar to GameSparks on the AWS Technology Partners for GameSparks Transition page.
We will continue to update this FAQ with new information, so please check back periodically