Exporting and Importing Cloud Code
You can export and import your game configuration Cloud Code scripts:
Exporting Cloud Code
At any point in your game's development in the GameSparks portal, you can export your Cloud Code scripts.
1. Go to Configurator>Cloud Code.
2. On the Scripts panel, click Export:
- Your game's Cloud Code scripts are exported into a compressed archive and an Open/Save dialog appears.
3. Select to save or open the exported archive.
- When you save and decompress the export archive, the folder structure reproduces the Scripts panel. You can drill down to open and edit specific files and then import the Cloud Code back in - see below.
Importing Cloud Code
If you've exported your game's Cloud Code and edited files or if you've written some scripts you want to use for your game's Cloud Code, you can import these scripts as a compressed archive:
- At import, the content can be reviewed for differences with your game's existing Cloud Code and you can select or reject those changes for import.
1. Go to Configurator>Cloud Code.
2. On the Scripts panel, click Import:
The Import page opens where you can browse to select a Zip Archive.
3. Select the compressed archive folder for the Cloud Code you want to import:
4. Click Preview. A Review Import list opens:
Where differences with your game's existing Cloud Code scripts are identified, these are shown and you can quickly review these to decide whether or not you want to accept the changes:
- In this example, we can see that only one difference has been identified - the Cloud Code for the AUTH_PLAYER Event has been changed.
Other Import Errors? For details of errors on import, see below.
6. Scroll down the review list and use the checkboxes to accept or reject the scripts for import:
- By default all scripts are checked and will be imported.
- You can use the Toggle All button to select/unselect all scripts.
7. If you want to create a Snapshot of your game before you import the Cloud Code changes, select the Create Game Snapshot at the bottom of the page:
- Creating a Snapshot before importing Cloud Code changes will allow you to revert to the current game configuration, should anything go wrong after you import the changes.
8. Click Import to import the selected Cloud Code scripts.
- When the import process has successfully completed, you'll see a message:
9. Click Close to return to the Cloud Code page.
Errors on Import
When you review your import, errors are shown if you are attempting to import invalid files that cannot be imported.
Errors Block Import! If all of the files you are attempting to import are invalid, the Import button will be disabled.
1. If a file contains invalid characters, than a Script error is shown:
- In this example, a file we're attempting to import - AUTH_PLAYER2 - contains invalid characters.
2. If the file name contains invalid characters, an Invalid error shows:
- In this example, we're attempting to import a file that was exported earlier and that has been copied and renamed - ASSIGN_COUNTRY& - and the new name contains an invalid ampersand character.
3. If you try to import a file that will create a new object, such as a new Event, in the platform, then an Invalid error shows:
- In this example, we're attempting to import a file has been added to the event folder - AUTH_PLAYER3 - and no corresponding Event already exists in the platform.
Exceptions? The exceptions to this rule blocking the creation of new objects when importing Cloud Code are Modules or Realtime Modules, both of which you can create directly from the Scripts panel on the Configurator>Cloud Code page.