Achievement Based Challenges
You can set up your Challenge to determine a winner based on who triggers a particular Achievement first:
- This is useful for an application where score doesn't matter but a set of accomplishments or a certain goal does.
- This Achievement can either be triggered manually using Cloud Code or set to trigger based on a score with the ability to filter the score.
In this tutorial, we'll work through an example that illustrates the steps needed to set up things for an Achievement-based Challenge:
- Create a Trigger Event
- Create a Trigger Leaderboard
- Create a Trigger Achievement
- Create a Challenge Triggered by the Achievement
Creating a Trigger Event
First, we need to create an Event as the trigger Event.
1. Navigate to Configurator > Events.
2. Click to Add a new Event and configure the Event as shown:
- Make sure you add an Attribute where the Data Type is set to Number and the Default Aggregation Type is set to Maximum:
3. Click to Save and Close the new trigger Event.
Creating a Trigger Leaderboard
Next, we need to create a Leaderboard for our Challenge.
4. Navigate to Configurator > Leaderboards. The page opens with the Leaderboards tab open.
5. Click to Add a new trigger Leaderboard and configure the Leaderboard as shown below. Make sure:
- You leave the Team selection at the default of None, which means this will be a Player Leaderboard type.
- In the Fields panel, you add a Running Total and set it to your trigger Event's Score attribute - you can link to the trigger Event's Score attribute using the Collector drop-down list:
6. Click to Save and Close the new trigger Leaderboard.
Creating a Trigger Achievement
Now we can create a trigger Achievement and link it to the trigger Leaderboard.
7. Navigate to Configurator > Achievements.
8. Click to Add a new trigger Achievement and configure it as shown below:
- Use the Leaderboard drop-down to select our Trigger Leaderboard to link the new Achievement to it.
- In the Triggers panel, add as many trigger data as you want to customize the trigger to your challenge:
- In our example we set the trigger to be between 500 to 600. If a player scores anything between 500 and 600 first during the challenge, that player is the winner.
9. Click to Save and Close the new trigger Achievement.
Creating a Challenge Triggered by the Achievement
Lastly, we create the Challenge and ensure winning the Challenge depends upon the conditions we have set up for awarding the Achievement.
10. Navigate to Configurator > Multiplayer. The page opens with the Challenges tab selected.
11. Click to Add a new Challenge and configure it as shown below:
- Use the Leaderboard drop-down to select our Trigger Leaderboard.
- Use the First To Achievment drop-down to select our Trigger Achievement.
11. Click to Save and Close the new Challenge.
Now whenever our Achievement is triggered manually through Cloud code or by a score-based method via the Leaderboard, the player awarded this Achievement will win the Challenge.