Score Based Challenges
One of the most basic ways to win a Challenge is to score the highest or the lowest, depending on what your score represents. In this tutorial, we'll show examples of how to set up a Challenge which:
- Ranks players on highest score.
- Ranks players on lowest score.
Creating an Event
First, we create an Event for the Challenge.
1. Navigate to Configurator >Events.
2. Click to Add a new Event and configure the Event as shown below:
- Add an Attribute with A Data Type of Number.
- If you want the Challenge we're going to use this Event for to be won for highest score, set the Default Aggregation Type to Maximum.
- If you want the Challenge we're going to use this Event for to be won for lowest score, set the Default Aggregation Type to Minimum.
3. Click to Save and Close the new Event.
Creating a Running Total (For Lowest score ONLY)
In this next stage, we're going to create a Running Total for lowest score.
4. Navigate to Configurator > Leaderboards. The page opens with the Leaderboards tab selected.
5. Select the Running Totals tab, click to Add a new Running Total, and configure this as shown below:
- Use the Event drop-down to link the Running Total to the Time Spent Event that we created earlier for the Challenge.
- Under Collectors add a new Attribute:
- Use the drop-down to select the attribute we added to the Time Spent Event.
- Set the Calculation Type to Minimum.
6. Click to Save and Close the new Running Total.
Creating a Leaderboard
For this stage, we create a Leaderboard for your Challenge.
7. Navigate to Configurator > Leaderboards and click to Add a new Leaderboard.
8. Configure the Leaderboard as shown below.
9. If you want the Challenge to be won for:
- Highest Score: Don't do anything else to the Leaderboard.
- Lowest Score: Under Fields add a new Running Total and use the Sort drop-down to change the sorting to ASC.
10. Click to Save and Close the new Leaderboard.
Creating the Challenge
The last stage of our setting up is to create the Challenge.
11. Navigate to Configurator > Multiplayer. The page opens with the Challenges tab selected.
12. Click to Add a new Challenge and configure it as shown below:
- Select your Time Leaderboard using the Leaderboard drop-down.
- Optionally you can:
- Make the Challenge turn-based by switching the Turn Based button on and assigning a Turn/Attempt Consumers Event. (When this Event is called using Challenge event log, it will consume a turn for the player which called it.)
- Make the Challenge Achievement-based by choosing an Achievement from the First To Achievement drop-down.
13. Click to Save and Close the new Challenge.